How will your interactive learning resource specifically ensure that the needs of all learners can be met?

To ensure that the needs of all children are met in my interactive learning resource I will insist on implementing and upholding the three pillars of universal design framework. The frameworks for universal design are guidelines to ensuring that the needs of all learners are met. They include:

1. Multiple means of representation
  2. Multiple means of engagement
  3. Multiple means of action or expression

While using these pillars as a guideline to my own interactive learning resource I will specifically aim to target all areas. To support the various options for representation of the topic, a use of visual videos, as well as text/reading captions will ensure successful knowledge transfer. I think that providing videos that can be easy to follow that include acting out the topic as well as using universal symbols to distinguish right from wrong will help to navigate perceptual, language and symbols, and comprehension of the topic.

Including multiple means of engagement for learners breaks down into that everyone becomes interested in the topic for different reasons. Sustaining engagement in a classroom filled with individuals who have different needs to be met to successfully keep interest in the topic can be a challenge. But use of multiple avenues like collaboration with peers, group conversations, switching between multiple media outlets as well as handing out worksheets like crossword puzzles or word search can be an option to effectively communicate main ideas in the topic.

Multiple means of action or expression could include offering the learners to choose how they want to show that they have learned during instruction. This could include telling a story, writing an essay, drawing a picture, sharing thoughts or opinions or it could be shown in the form of acting.

How can you adjust your planned learning activities to meet the needs of your learners if an unexpected event occurs?

If an unexpected event such as a pandemic were to happen (again) and the result was that the students would need to learn/work from home until further notice, I would provide options to switch to online/ self-directed learning. How would I achieve this? Well, I would provide students with a step-by-step agenda that consists of instructions on how to contact me, how to set up accounts on platforms such as zooms, email, or discord and I would send out worksheets, PowerPoints, and readings to ensure successful transfer of instruction. I would insist on weekly check ins, daily activities, and record lectures to share with the students.